When I was 5 years old I decided to become a lawyer — I thought it would be cool to drive a Jaguar.
At 16 I won my first trial.
At 20 I consulted for Compass Group, a Fortune 500 company.
At 21 I consulted for a major government in Asia.
At 22 I learned Mandarin-Chinese (and lived in China for 2 years).
At 23 I graduated from University of Guelph, Commerce with honours.
At 25 I started and sold an ecommerce company.
At 27 I graduated from UBC Law and worked with Miller Thomson LLP, a national firm.
At 29 I started my own law firm — Michael Alexis Professional Corporation.
We provide big firm service at reasonable prices, with expertise in:
- internet business & startups
- started and sold an ecommerce company
- consulting clients include: Ramit Sethi (NYT Best Selling Author), Andrew Warner (Mixergy), Derek Halpern (Social Triggers), etc.
- restaurants & small business
- consulted for Compass Group Canada (world’s largest contract food service company)
- worked with: Kaleidoscope Cafe & Wine Bar, Latinos Restaurant, Swiss Chalet — certified as chef, food safety, Safe Serve, etc.
- tax law
- award winning tax author (awarded by former Chief Justice of the Tax Court of Canada, the Honourable Donald G.H. Bowman)
- Chinese speaking lawyer
- read, write and speak Chinese
- only Mandarin-Chinese speaking lawyer in Guelph and area
- I grew up in Guelph: Pearl St, Park St, Forest Hill Dr, Fife Rd, Pinnacle Cres, Forest St, Thornhill Dr — John McRae, Gateway Drive, Taylor Evans, G.C.V.I, University of Guelph.
- I shop at Market Fresh, the Stone Store and the Guelph Farmers’ Market.
- Some of my favourite Guelph places: OX, Guelph Public Library, Riverside Park, the Covered Bridge, City Hall’s skating rink.